Addresses the isolation of African Viral Haemorrhagic Fever Patients
The knowledge, skills and hands-on application on how to establish a safe isolation facility to isolate a patient with suspected and/or confirmed Ebola Fever.
The program includes practical hands-on training experience to function in a simulated, high bio-security facility.
The course will address:
Signs and symptoms:
- Supportive care
- Legal implications
Upon successful completion paticipants receive a certification of competency.
Establishing an isolation facility:
- Principles in High Bio-Security Safety
- Standard precautions
- Crisis action plan
- Establishment of an isolation facility
- Protective clothing
Effective care in a high security facility:
- Implementation of safe isolation techniques
- Decontamination of waste and personnel
- Safe disposal of waste
- correct handling of the transfer of patients or bodies